We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again – there are a million things to remember when moving house. The stress of moving home is something that most people can relate to, and we’re being genuine when we say that here at All Size Sheds we do understand how frustrating and stressful the process can be. That’s why we’ve offer some of the Gold Coast’s best value self storage options for short, medium and long term storage. We’ve also taken the time to put together this quick checklist to ensure that you don’t overlook some of the less obvious, but nonetheless important tasks before the move.
– Redirect any mail with Australia Post to your new address.
– Disconnect any gas and energy accounts and transfer them to your new address. Keep utilities connected however until all the cleaning in the home is completed.
– Make sure you have returned all keys to your real estate agency or new owner.
– Find out about transferring your home and contents insurance policy to your new address.
– Contact local charities for any unwanted clothes, furniture and household items (in good condition) that may be of use. For large bulky items they will collect these directly from your house free of charge.
– Arrange for your Internet to be connected at your new address. Try and negotiate a reasonable reconnection fee as standard reconnection costs can be expensive.
– Consider having the locks changed at your new house if you think there could be old keys still in circulation.
– Don’t forget to update your details on your license and on the electoral roll and redirect any newspaper or magazine subscriptions
– Purchase sufficient cleaning supplies, both for your old home and to get your new home the way you like it
– If you are renting complete the condition report for your new property and take photos of any existing damage. This will help to safeguard your rental bond so it is returned at the end of your lease.
The team here at All Size Sheds, wish you a smooth move and like most things the more organised you can be in the weeks leading up to moving house, the easier and less stressful the process to be. To see tips on minimising moving stress, click our article here. For storage units on the Gold Coast call us directly today on (07) 5534 7181.