Renting a storage unit is similar in principle to taking out a lease of any kind, and like all contractual agreements, it is worthwhile taking the time to fully understand the terms and conditions relating to your usage of the storage unit.
Our storage facility team will go through each of these through you but we encourage you to make sure you understand each term as possible and ask any questions or seek clarification if needed. We give a brief overview of some of the main things covered in a self-storage lease agreement below.
What’s included in a storage space hire agreement?
– Payment conditions. Payments are required in advance for the each payment period.
– Liability clauses for the loss or damage of goods.
– How the space can and cannot be used. It’s not permitted to live in or run a business out of a unit or alter the space by attaching fixtures and fittings.
– Period where there has been no communication where the unit can be deemed abandoned.
– What items are not permitted to be stored. Stolen, illegal, hazardous and environmentally harmful and explosive materials are an example of items that cannot be stored.
– Notice period required to terminate the agreement. With most agreements this is 14 days.
– What happens in the process of arrears monies owning. This includes if there are any concessions that can be made and what access will be granted. Depending on the extent of money owed the owner can approach recovering costs in different ways.
– We take great pride in our facilities however the goods are stored at the sole risk and responsibility of the owner including any damage that may occur from flood, fire, leaks and other unforseen occurrences while items are in storage. For those concerned about the chance of potential loss or damage we can outline some different insurance cover options that customers may be interested in.
– Situations and circumstances that warrant inspection and entry by the operator including emergency, suspected breaches of contract or illegal activity.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of what’s included in a storage contract – depending on your agreement there may be other things to consider. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team at All Size Sheds on the Gold Coast for more information about terms and conditions when renting a storage unit.
For the most affordable self-storage solutions on the Gold Coast, call (07) 5534 7181